Education and Training
There is a clear relationship between animal abuse and domestic abuse. A goal of the Commission is to educate the law enforcement and legal community about the cruelty laws and prosecution and to also educate the public about the recognition of animal abuse and the appropriate actions to stop it and/or prevent it.
- Free Online Course for Law Enforcement and Animal Control Professionals from the ASPCA
Investigating Animal Abuse for Law Enforcement
- Justice Clearing House Animal Welfare Webinars (Many Free with live attendance and past webinars available with subscription.)
Resource Material for Prosecutors and Judges
- Online Animal Cruelty Prevention and Education Course (BARC), a court ordered on-line animal cruelty class for offenders.
- National Center for Prosecution of Animal Abuse
- The Link for Prosecutors, a publication of the Association of Prosecuting Attorneys
- Protecting Domestic Violence Victims by Protecting Their Pets, Juvenile and Family Justice Today, Spring 2010
- Animal Cruelty Prosecution: Opportunities for Early Response to Crime and Interpersonal Violence, a publication of the American Prosecutors Research Institute
- Tools for Prosecutors and Judges
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ): Animal Cruelty Link Resources